I skim/read through a lot of wine ‘offers’. Every now and then one jumps out as being genuine value. Last week Centra sent me in a list titled,
LET’S CELEBRATE SUMMER IN STYLE WITH THE CENTRA SUMMER WINE SALE #CELEBRATESUMMER
I glanced and then had to check that someone hadn’t made an error! Three of these offers are fantastic. I’l be heading out to grab some …. See if you can find the three that intrigued …. before you scroll down to the end….
A sample of wines on offer detailed below, go in store to find out more.
- B” BY BLACK TOWER ROSE 75CL ONLY €5
- B” BY BLACK TOWER WHITE 75CL ONLY €5
- GALLO SPRITZ PINEAPPLE & PASSIONFRUIT 75CL ONLY €7
- GALLO SPRITZ RASPBERRY & LIME 75CL ONLY €7
- CASILLERO DEL DIABLO CABERNET SAUVIGNON 75CL WAS €11.99, NOW €9
- CASILLERO DEL DIABLO SAUVIGNON BLANC 75CL WAS €11.99, NOW €9
- I HEART SAUVIGNON BLANC 75CL WAS €10.99, NOW €9
- I HEART CABERNET SAUVIGNON 75CL WAS €10.99, NOW €9
- AME DE LA MER SAUVIGNON VIOGNIER 75CL ONLY €9 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
- PATA NEGRA ROBLE DO TORO 75CL ONLY €9 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
- CHIC PEPEE ROSE 75CL ONLY €10 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
- PEACE BAY SAUVIGNON BLANC 75CL ONLY €10 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
- GRIFON PROSECCO FRIZZANTE 75CL WAS €11.99, NOW €9
- CAVA JAUME SERRA BRUT 75CL WAS €25.99, NOW €10
- CAVA JAUME SERRA ICE WHITE SEMI DRY 75CL WAS €25.99, NOW €10
- CAVA JAUME SERRA ICE ROSÉ SEMI DRY 75CL WAS €25.99, NOW €10
- MARQUES DE ALTILLO RIOJA 75CL WAS €15.99, NOW €7.99 – HALF PRICE
- WILLOW HILL CHARDONNAY 75CL WAS €17.29, NOW €7.99 – HALF PRICE
- SAN VALENTINO PINOT GRIGIO 75CL WAS €15.99, NOW €7.99 – HALF PRICE
- CAMPO VIEJO RESERVA 75CL WAS €16, NOW €9 (4 DAY ONLY 7TH – 10TH JULY)
- Oyster Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 75CL WAS €16, NOW €9 (4 DAY ONLY 7TH – 10TH JULY)
- DON SIMON NATURE TEMPRANILLO 75CL ONLY €8 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
- DON SIMON NATURE SAUVIGNON BLANC 75CL ONLY €8 – EXCLUSIVE TO CENTRA
Here we go. Cava is quite an exceptional sparkling wine. It has, however, been overshadowed for years by the runaway success of Prosecco . There are three here at a tenner a piece. That’s crazy good value!
Second out of the block is the Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. We’ve been told, again and again, that stock is low from NZ and that prices will have to rise. €9.00 is a real bargain. Oyster Bay is good. Note, however, that this is only available for limted dates.
I’ll give the Pata Negra Roble from Toro in Spain a shot. Its most likely good and honest. The barbecue beckons ….. and it’s only €9.00